Cyber Security Analyst
We’ve been on a mission to improve end user satisfaction since the day we were founded over 25 years ago. As champions of premium experience-led IT services, it is who we are. We constantly challenge old assumptions and inherited wisdom, and demonstrate there are other, better ways to do things.
Based in the UK, with offices globally USA, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Kuala Lumpur and Macedonia, we now provide a huge range of market-leading managed services, Microsoft-centric business software and cloud solutions to over 300 ambitious mid-market organisations. And in response to our customers’ changing needs, and the growing threats we all face, we’ve massively strengthened our well-established cyber security capabilities.
Our mission is to unleash the potential of people through amazing IT experiences.
At Acora, we’re proud to share the values we live by. They’re not dusty abstract concepts. Our values define our culture: they act as a promise to our customers and a constant challenge to ourselves, both as individuals and as a team, to be Game-Changers.
- Be the best you can be
- We do what we say
- Together we win
Cyber Security Analysts are on the front line of cyber security risk management for us and our customers, receiving and processing alerts from a variety of security systems (and sometimes directly from customers), assessing whether the alert is legitimate, and the level of threat posed.
This will often require cross-departmental working with our support department, along with communication with customers to gain access to systems and establish the circumstances surrounding an incident, and Cyber Security Leads for escalation of complex and/or high-severity incidents.
Activities include but are not limited to:
- Delivery of the company’s Cyber Security Services.
- Assisting in the delivery of Incident Response work.
- Assisting in the delivery of Digital Forensic services.
- Act as a point of contact for customers.
- Previous experience working with the IT industry.
- Experience working with UTM firewall hardware.
- Be working toward a mid-tier Cyber Security qualification, such as Security+, CySA+, Pentest+, SC-500, etc.
- Hold and keep current the CompTIA N+ and Security+ qualifications.
- Be in good standing with the certification bodies any qualifications have been issued by.
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members and customers, both verbally and in writing.
- You’ll know when to adjust the technical level of your communications to the level of your audience.
- Have a strong desire to learn, and to iterate through “why” until root cause is established.
- Attention to detail, especially in written documentation.
- Want to be self-sufficient, but be comfortable that support is always available.
- Self-motivation is essential.
Back to the careers page.
We live by our values
Our core values get to the heart of
what we’re about as a business:
Together, we win
We succeed when we communicate well across the business and build solid partnerships with our customers. Good communication, strong relationships and commitment creates a team that can deliver on its promises.
We do what we say
We never walk away from a job; never make excuses; never shirk responsibility. We always keep our promises. We regard our culture of personal responsibility as a huge asset – as it gives our customers the belief that we’ll always deliver.
Be the best you can be
We challenge ourselves to raise our game each day as a business and as individuals. As our own harshest critics, we believe we can always find better ways of delivering the best service for our customers.
First Call Fix
Sign up to our newsletter
The latest insights, articles, and resources direct to your inbox.